Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Confidence Interval

We were laying together afterwards, her leg curled over mine, her head resting on my shoulder, sleepy, I pushed strands of hair off her face and kissed her forehead lightly and she rolled away from me. I pulled my hand from underneath her and rested it first on the small of her back, then, closing my eyes, beside her hip, curling a finger around the string of her underwear. She stirred, still facing away from me.

"Why do you always do that?" she asked me.

"Do what?"

"Hold onto my panties like that when I sleep."

"So you can't leave me in the middle of the night," I said.

"I'm not going to leave you," she said.

"Don't be ridiculous," I said. "Everyone does."

"And you think that that's going to stop me if I do?"

"No," I said. "But it's all I have to hold onto."

No comments:

Post a Comment